Since I haven't written in a while, I thought I would catch you all up on what I've been up to lately. In addition to getting cuter everyday, I have developed some new skills and interests. Here are just a few:
1) I have 9 teeth now, and I'm trying to grow some more big ones so I can eat steak. That's my newest goal.
2) I don't say many words yet, but my current favorites are: Mom, Dada, ouch, and hot. I can only say hot with my chin resting on my chest, and I stretch the word "hot" into at least four syllables--it's a gift!
3) When Mama says "Where's my nose?", I point to it. I find it a bit sad that she still doesn't know where her nose is after 34 years.
4) My favorite toys are my refrigerator magnets and my big red wagon. I can't wait for it to get warmer so all the ladies can check out my sweet ride.
5) I LOVE to dance! Mama says I come by it naturally, and believe me, I have got some wicked moves...
6) My favorite foods right now are: mandarin oranges, peaches, avocados, chicken nuggets and veggie booty (I have my friend, Natalie, to thank for that one)
7) I am in love with my cats. Gretchen doesn't let me get too close, but Murphy tolerates me since I drop a lot of food on the ground.
8) I have a lot of buddies. My best buddy at daycare is Logan, and my best buddy outside of daycare is Mekaya (that's right, the girl next door--move over, Hef)
9) My new favorite sound to make is clicking my tongue. I think it is hilarious, and I can't get enough of it.
10) I am a big helper around the house. I can take clothes out of the dryer (and folded clothes out of the laundry basket, unfortunately). I also love to sweep the floor. The broom is about four sizes bigger than me, but I have conquered it.
11) Just tonight I learned how to open the bathroom door. Look out! The toilet paper is mine.
12) I have a very intimidating "game face" in which I scrunch up my nose and breathe real heavy. I look vicious, but I'm a teddy bear inside.
13) Finally...I am adored by my parents. They tell me everyday how lucky they are to be my Mommy and Daddy (as if I didn't know).
Love and miss you all!
Monday, February 16, 2009
It has been way too long since I updated my blog. I have a really good excuse though--I have been super busy! Since my last posting, I have celebrated Halloween and Thanksgiving, had a big boy surgery at Stanford University in California, had visits from two sets of grandparents and some of Mama's friends...I even celebrated Christmas and my first birthday. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. So, I thought I would catch you all up by posting a smilebox of pictures over the last three months. So here it is...Emmett: November 2008 - January 2009. Enjoy!
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|