Saturday, July 2, 2011
There are so many things that we love about our firstborn...his courage, his stubbornness, his big brown eyes (with eyelashes that would make any woman envious), but it is the little things that we love most about him. Right now, he is doing and saying some particularly cute things that make Emmett...well, Emmett.
We LOVE the way he:
1) says "I love you too", even when he is the one who says it first. I guess he just knows we love him.
2) insists that he is full after dinner and then 3 seconds later asks for a snack.
3) stretches the word "snack" into an eight syllable word....shnaaaaaaaack!
4) says "Again!" about 4,000 times a day. In Emmett's mind, if something was funny the first time, it will be just as funny the fiftieth.
5) calls all men "Daddies" and all women "Mommies", whether they have kids or not.
6) stops and looks at himself admiringly every time he passes a mirror...let's just say poor self-esteem is not an issue with this kid.
7) knows how to work the iPad better than either of us...without us ever teaching him.
8) makes us mimic his funny faces, even though his are much better.
9) says "You talk about it" when we ask him a question that he doesn't feel like answering.
10) prays for everything under the sun at bedtime...God bless the car, the house, the walls, and stickers, and stamps, and Santa, on and on and on...especially if he isn't ready to go to sleep yet :)
11) kisses his baby brother in Momma's belly...and tells him to be nice to me and not kick so much.
12) chooses his ice cream based on color, not flavor. Right now, green and blue are the winners.
13) searches for "clues" to solve mysteries all the time. Too much Scooby Doo perhaps?
14) still calls blankets "bibbets"...no idea where this came from, but it's adorable and Joe and I have taken to calling them the same thing.
15) says "Mommy, can you sit next to me?" when he is drinking from his sippy at night. He likes to play with my hair while he's drinking it. It soothes him.
16) thinks that bandaids magically heal all wounds, which is why he only keeps them on for about thirty seconds before taking them off and declaring himself healed.
17) snores...loudly. Of course, we will find this much more endearing when we are no longer sharing a bed with him in a hotel.
18) still talks about his last Halloween on an almost daily basis. He got to dress up as a shark and eat candy with his friends. It doesn't get much better than that.
19) shows real concern when he hears another child crying. Let's hope he's as compassionate with his baby brother.
20) is obsessed with the type of "flushers" all toilets have since we moved here. They look different here, and he is endlessly fascinated by them.
21) gives a play by play of every bowel movement he has. This can only be cute when coming from a three year old.
22) sings incredibly annoying, loud, monotonous songs and when asked to stop says, "but I made that song just for you"...making us feel both horrible and happy at the same time :)
23) loves to just be with us. We are dreading the day that this is no longer the case.
24) uses the number 24 for everything. Is it time to get out of the bathtub? "24 more minutes". What time is it? "24 o'clock", etc. We're pretty sure this is going to be his jersey number if he plays sports.
It is also the reason we are ending this list at number, you guessed it, 24 :)
Emmett Joseph, we love you more and more every single day. And, no matter what, you will will always be our baby.