Saturday, July 19, 2008

No New Pictures?

I know what you're thinking..."why hasn't Emmett posted any new pictures yet? I just can't go another day without seeing those adoreable cheeks and chubby yet muscular legs". Well, we don't have a camera anymore and you can blame Mom...or Dad, depending on how you look at it. I'll explain.

Last weekend we went on a hike to Rainbow Lakes. It was really pretty there..I even saw my first moose! It was a Mommy Moose with a little baby. It reminded me of my Mommy and me (except they were eating leaves and were really hairy). ANYWAY, back to the camera incident. We were hiking along and Daddy was carrying me in my backpack. It was pretty rough terrain, on top of big boulders and through some creeks. Daddy pushed a branch back to make his way through and it popped back and hit me in the lip. I cried a little, just a few seconds, to let them know that I was not happy about the situation. When Daddy stopped so that Mommy could check me out, Mommy started yelling "He's bleeding, he's bleeding!" Daddy couldn't see me so he started freaking out, afraid that he had poked my eye out. I didn't really know what all the fuss was about, but whatever...anyway, to make a long story short(er), Mom dropped everything, including her camera into the lake. She got it out but it won't work anymore. Daddy is convinced that she did it on purpose because she always complains about how much she hates her camera. Mommy said she didn't do it on purpose, but if she would have thought of it, she would have. So, we're now shopping for a new camera. In the meantime, here's an old picture, just in case you're missing my face!

Love you all...Big E

2 comments:

MommyBrain said...

That's a great story! And it gives me an idea because I really want a new - serious - camera ... no chance of that happening as long as my point-and-shoot is still working ... hmmmm ... and thanks for the picture; Big E, you are one adorable little guy! Smooches from Auntie D and Natalie!

cookie.net said...

Well Emmett that MOM knows how to
get what she wants don,t she. Emmett you tell them to hurry up
and get a camera because looks
every morning for new pictures with
no luck at all. But I will settle
for this one for now, and of course the letter you wrote. We
really miss you, your grandpa cried
half the day after you left him.
LOVE YOU ALL
GRANDMA