Thursday, October 1, 2009

My First Ballgame!

Last Sunday, Mommy and Daddy took me to my first baseball game. The Cardinals were in town playing the Rockies, so it seemed like the perfect time to figure out how this baseball thing works. When we first got to the stadium, I didn't know what to look at first. There were all kinds of people, some decked out in purple while others were sporting Redbird red like Mommy, Daddy and I. There was also a ton of food--nachos, hot dogs, brats, pretzels and my personal favorite---slushies! Needless to say, it didn't take long to talk Daddy into buying me one of those (wink, wink).

We had awesome seats. We had outfield box seats, right next to the wall. Daddy said it was prime "foul ball territory", whatever that means. It took me a while to figure out that there were guys standing in the field right next to me! A couple times, they hit balls really close to where we were sitting. We even saw Albert Pujols accidentally send his baseball bat flying into the crowd. I don't know much about baseball, but it's looking like a pretty dangerous sport to me. Whenever a ball was hit "foul", somebody would pick it up and throw it over the edge. While I didn't get one of these balls, it occurred to me that if they could throw things from the field to the stands, then I could throw something from the stands to the field. I didn't have a ball handy, so instead I threw Mama's water bottle. She wasn't very happy about it, but I'm sure the players appreciated the gesture.

After three innings, I grew a little bored of the baseball scene, so I decided to scope out the humongous escalator that I had eyed when we first walked into the stadium. My amazing, patient and beautiful Mommy let my Dad watch some more of the game while we rode the escalator all the way to the top and then walked (very slowly) back down the stairs--twice.

Finally, we decided (or should I say, I decided) that it was time to go home and play with my cars. My parents didn't seem to mind. They were just happy to see any of the game. They said it was just the first of many, many baseball games that we will see together!

The slushie experience--yum!



Don't I look like a natural?



Leaving the game on Daddy's shoulders--best seat in the house!



After the game...

No comments: