Thursday, March 18, 2010

How Big Am I???

You will never guess what I did last night! Mommy was at Bible Study, so Daddy and I were having a guys' night at home. I was taking a bath (my second favorite thing in the world right after dinosaurs), when all of a sudden I had to go poo-poo. Sorry if this is too much information, but you're gonna love where this story goes.

Anyway, I said to Daddy "Uh-oh, poo-poo"....well Daddy was just sure that I had gone #2 in the bathtub (even though I have NEVER done that - yuck!). He came over to check, and saw that, indeed, the tub was clean. So he said, "Do you have to go poo-poo now?" Duh, Dad, isn't that what I just said? So he gets me out of the tub and puts me on the toilet. I sat there for a few minutes, smiling and feeling all big-boy like, and then suddenly...it happened! I went poo-poo on the potty for the first time ever! I got to flush the toilet myself and everything.

After hearing about this, Mommy said I must be ready for potty training. And, boy, am I! We might just have to wait until after our vacation next week--don't know about the accessibility of potties at Sea World...anyway, Daddy was so excited about my first poo-poo in the potty experience that he gave me an ice cream cone--that alone made it worth it. Mommy even got me out of bed when she got home to congratulate me. She also started to cry a little, because this means I'm not a little baby anymore. She's not so sure how she feels about that yet :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is addie good job bigger e

MommyBrain said...

You go, Big E ... well, I guess you already did ... hee, hee!

Poopies on the potty! Poopies on the potty!

That's what we sing - while shaking our booties - to celebrate a successful #2! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

oh Emmett, grandma Cookie is so proud of you and your daddy for putting you on the the big potty, wow what a big boy you are. LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

YAY Emmett! What a big boy! Hugs and kisses from Aunt Sarah!