Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle

Okay, not completely sleepless. In fact, I got a lot of sleep during our trip to Seattle. Mommy and her BFF, Dana, however, thought they were still in college--staying up late talking, laughing, and telling old stories. We went there to see Dana, Chad, my buddy Natalie, and the newest addition--Baby Charlotte! Now, I'm not much of a "baby person", but even I have to admit that she is one cute little pumpkin! She is three months old and about the same size that I was at three weeks old (or so Momma tells me).

We had soooo much fun on our trip. I mean, as if it wasn't cool enough that I got to ride on an airplane again, I even got my OWN SEAT this time...since I'm a big boy now and all. I sat by the window, watching movies, reading books and playing peek-a-boo with the occasional fellow passenger. Momma says I was a super good boy during both flights!

Once we got to Auntie D's house, it was game on! Natalie and I quickly picked up where we left off the last time we'd seen each other--playing, laughing, fighting, antagonizing...ahhh, good times! Even though I didn't have my favorite toys with me, I got to play with Natalie's stash of Little People, dolls, cars, and stacking toys. I quickly made a mess of the place, being sure to mark my territory right away.

Even though the weather wasn't the greatest, the sun peeked though long enough for a few fun outings...the train park, the zoo, and a local pond to feed the ducks. I especially loved the park--it had amazing, death-defying slides and treacherous climbing structures that allowed me to show off my wicked mountain man skillz for Natalie. Even though she didn't say anything...or acknowledge my efforts in any way...I KNOW that she was impressed :)

It was hard to say goodbye to our buddies, but we brought home with us a lot of great memories, and of course (thanks to Auntie D), a TON of pictures. Enjoy! (Click on the collage to enlarge)

 
Posted by Picasa


Thanks, Auntie D and the fam for a fabulous trip!

4 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

What a great collage of pics! Thanks for sharing, Missy! I am glad you two, uh four, actually 5, OK, forgot Chad, SIX had a great time!!!That was a lot of thinking for this morning!

Anonymous said...

Emmett you must have had fun with your friend Natalie, I'm so glad you got to go on the plane and sit all by yourself. Mommy and Auntie Dana are a lot of fun too aren't they, just like two more kids to play with. LOVE YOU SO MUCH--GRANDMA COOKIE.

Anonymous said...

Emmett you must have had a lot of fun in Seattle with your friend Natalie. I'm so proud of you sitting in your own seat all by yourself. Mommy and Auntie Dana are a lot of fun just like two other little kids. LOVE YOU SO MUCH. GRANDMA COOKIE

MommyBrain said...

Big E,
We had the best visit with you and your mommy! Thank you so much for making the trip all the way to WA ... I bet having your own seat on the plane made it lots of fun!

These photos show all the good times we had ... the zoo, the duck pond, bath time, ...

We cannot wait to see you again!

Lots of love,
Aunt D