Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Morning in the Life of Me

Today has been a really good day so far. I woke up at 7:00, got some milk and played with my cars for about an hour. Little did I know that after I had spent all day organizing them (and reorganizing them and reorganizing them AGAIN!), Mama threw them all in the toy box after I went to sleep last night. She is so sneaky like that. So, of course, I had to get them all organized again this morning. No one understands the pressures that I deal with on a daily basis--I mean, if I don't put the cars in some sort of logical order, who will?

THE CARS:


After car sorting, Mama got me dressed and we headed to our favorite little coffee shop. Mama got her caffeine fix and I got to play with all the toys. I also met a little girl named Azelyn. She was clearly flirting with me--I get that a lot. We ended up playing together for a while. We built with blocks, drew with chalk and made a nice little mess in a relatively short amount of time. Not my best work, but still impressive.

Once Mama was fully awake, we went to a new place. It is a little museum very close to where we live. Of course, the first thing I found were the fish. You know how I LOVE fish. We also played with trains, rode in a little jeep, listened to a man play the piano, colored, and built stuff. I had a lot of fun, but it wore me out! In fact, Mama was so impressed with the museum's ability to tire me out that she bought a membership so we can go back any time we want. :) Mama was doing everything she could to keep me awake until we got home--singing, tickling my feet, opening the windows. It was a fruitless effort though, because when I want to sleep, I SLEEP. Who can blame me? All this excitement and it isn't even lunchtime yet!

Playing with the dinosaurs, "ROAR!"
 


Building, building, building...all in a day's work.


Playing with a choo-choo train. There was a bigger and better one there, but it was inside a case so I couldn't get to it. Darn!
 
Posted by Picasa


Having a staring competition with the bearded dragon...I'm pretty sure he won.

1 comment:

MommyBrain said...

We LOVE our kids' museum and we've definitely gotten our money's worth from that membership. We don't have dinosaurs, though ... Emmett, you're so lucky :)