Friday, June 11, 2010

A Great Report

Yesterday, I went for my follow up appointment with Dr. Y. Momma was a little nervous about the echocardiogram, because 1) she thought I might freak out about going back to a hospital, and 2) it was the first one I'd had since getting out of the hospital and into a normal routine again. Of course, I handled the visit like a rockstar, as usual, and my heart has never looked better. I told her not to worry, but you know how Moms can be...

Dr. Y was amazed at how well my heart is functioning. That really big leak that I used to have when I was a baby is completely gone now! I now have some minor leakage in my mitral and aortic valves, but he's not worried about it, so I'm not either. Dr. Y said that he is always hesitant to tell patients they're "in the clear", but he really believes that the worst is behind me. Once I get past this 6 week recovery time, I won't have any restrictions on physical activity, so I can spend the rest of the summer swimming, running, and wreaking havoc at the playground--yay!!!

Here is a picture of me with my buddy, Dr. Y.

4 comments:

Cari said...

Aww that is wonderful! Great news!

MommyBrain said...

HOO-RAY!

Anonymous said...

What awesome news! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Addie is super excited! Love you, Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

Emmett you had some very good nurses, P.A,S and Drs. if you could only see them now that you are all better, and they could see you they wouldn't believe it. LOVE YOU GRANDMA COOKIE