Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Movin' on Up (to the West Side!)

Having another good day medically speaking. Unfortunately, E's a little depressed and not quite himself yet. He only says the occasional word when he needs something, but otherwise he is giving us the silent treatment. Last time around, this stage really bothered me (and brought me to tears numerous times over a three day period). This time, however, I have the advantage of experience, and I KNOW that Emmett will be just fine once we step out of these hospital doors :)

They just took a chest x-ray to check his lungs, and if all goes well, they will be moving him out of the ICU and into a regular room on 3 West tonight. Fingers crossed!

Will post more as we know it. Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts!

5 comments:

Pam Espenschied said...

Good times! It's great that he may be well enough to move out of ICU. I remember how hard it was for you in December with him being so withdrawn, but he bounces back in his own time, and knowing that has got to be of some comfort to you. Hope you and Joe are taking care of yourselves, too! Love you guys!!

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

Yippee!! We'll be continuing to pray for a wonderful recovery! :)

Anonymous said...

Emmett Grandma is so happy you are out of ICU. Now they will leave you alone. We love you and I wish I was back there with you. LOVE YOU BIG BOY. GRANDMA COOKIE.

teri said...

Hi emmett! I just read all the blogs from you pre-surgery to today and you are truely an inspiration! Yep-you just inspired a 32 year old for you amazing courage and strength! Emmett you are beyond amazing, an incredible work of god and for you bravery and will to fight, you are my hero! I have been saying prayers for you daily!! You are often the topic of our dinner conversations as I update my husband and son on all the wonderful updates both you and your mom and dad send! Our family here in Yorkville, IL sends our hugs and a continued speedy and healthy recovery! All our love- teri, eric and dominic

teri said...

I just read all the blogs that were written about your surgery and big e you are an inspiration to me!! You have just completely inspired a 32 year old with your courage and strength! You are an amazing boy emmett! I hope you come home soon! You have a family here in Yorkville, IL saying daily prayers for you!! Sending our hugs your way! Love-teri, eric and dominic