Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Picture of Health

Well...almost :) Emmett has had another good day. His chest x-ray looked good, his oxygen mask came off, and one of his chest tubes was removed. He has spiked a fairly significant fever this afternoon. His CBC and diff looked good, so they don't think it's an infection, but that's always a concern, so they're keeping an eye on him. He hasn't opened his eyes yet, but he has "woken up" a few times...just long enough to say "Momma" in the most pathetic voice you've ever heard...and attempt to pull out some of his tubes. Luckily he runs out of energy pretty quickly so the wrestling matches don't last too long. They are planning to take out his left atrium line tomorrow, and once that is gone, I can hold my baby--yay!!!

Here is a picture of him today (before the oxygen mask was removed). He is looking more and more like himself with each passing moment.

4 comments:

MommyBrain said...

Oh, E, I don't know how your mom is keeping her hands off you ... I just want to scoop you up and cuddle you myself! I am so glad your recovery is going well ... can't wait to hear news of those big brown eyes! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the message so sorry to have missed you! Glad to hear all the updates on Emmett ! It will be great to finally hold him and see his eyes again hopefully tomorrow! We miss you all so much and can't wait for the return continue to keep saying prayers !! Love hugs and kisses to you all but especially emmie!!! Love chiristina

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

I am so happy to hear that you'll be holding sweet Emmett soon! I want to cry seeing him in all those tubes, but know that he is in good hands and I'm thrilled that he is recovering well! -Deann

Unknown said...

Emmett, you are the light of my life little man! I'm so proud of you...I cannot wait to hold you and smooch on you again! Keep on improving so your mommy and daddy can hold you in their arms. Love you to pieces!