Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ahhh...Bliss!

Last night Joe came to relieve me about 7:00. Emmett hadn't yet woken up enough to hold him, so I conveniently managed to stick around until I could do just that. He started fidgeting and wimpering a bit, so I immediately informed the nurse that he was asking for his Momma. After about ten minutes of arranging chairs, wires and tubes, I was able to hold him in my arms for the first time since his surgery. It was heaven! He fell asleep in my arms almost immediately, and I just stared at his sweet little face for an hour or so until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I went back to the hotel, happy and satisfied that I had gotten some snuggle time in with my favorite little guy.

Joe said that he slept all night, with the exception of waking up once to drink some water (which he promptly vomited right back up). So today our goal is to 1) ween him off more meds, and 2) get some clear liquids to stay down. He also has a little air pocket in his chest which they are observing. Hopefully, it will go away on its own. Worst case scenario--he'll need a new chest tube. Everything else has seemed to just work out, so I'm optimistic that this will too.

Thanks again for the prayers--we are unbelievably blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Missy that picture is worth a million dollars to your dad and myself. I wish that was me holding him. He is just so precious. GOD BLESS YOU ALL GRANDMA COOKIE AND GRANDPA MIKE

Anonymous said...

So precious! How wonderful it must have been to hold him and know he was comforted enough to drop right back off to sleep. Glad he's improving and keeping fingers crossed that he'll keep down some fluids today. Love getting the updates!!
Love,
Andy, Pam and Steph

Chi-town momma said...

Those pics make me tear up - the physical strength and spiritual faith are astounding and inspiring! Those must be the best snuggles ever!

MommyBrain said...

Oh, Big E ... you really look so BIG in your momma's arms! I am so glad you are getting lots of snuggles! We love you so much ... keep amazing us, Emmett :)