Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's a Brand New Day...

Figuratively speaking, of course. At 5:50 tonight, the RT removed Emmett's breathing tube. This was greatly appreciated by E along with myself and the nurses who had to practically sit on him to stop him from extubating himself. As soon as they took the tube out, he rolled onto his side, put his baby "Li-Li" in a headlock under his arm and went back to sleep. His numbers look good, his meds are being weened off, and he gets to start drinking clear liquids in a few hours. Most importantly, his Daddy will get to hold him in a little while. I am MORE than a little jealous that I will not be the first one to snuggle him post-surgery, but I've been here for 14 hours now and I need to go catch a little shuteye while the gettin's good.

We could not be happier with Emmett's progress. I am in complete awe of our son's courage, strength and determination. Just looking at him right now, I am confident that he can handle whatever life (and his special heart) throw at him. He is my hero!

Earlier today...ahhh, success! I told you I'd get on my belly somehow, suckers!


Post-extubation...so glad to get that breathing tube out of my way...now I can really breathe :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmett we are so proud of you. Don't you lose Li Li now you hold onto him. We love you so much and Daddy will be more than happy to hold you. Sleep god tonight baby. LOVE YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA