Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lookin' Good, Mr. E!

Joe took the graveyard shift last night and reported that it was fairly uneventful again. He did wake up a few times, but was soon either comforted or sedated back to sleep. Joe is not a fan of overmedicating so I think he and the nurse had a disagreement or two (I know what you're thinking...not Joe?) :) Emmett is lucky to have such a doting, loyal Daddy at his side.

He looks good today, no longer dehydrated, though he does have a little fluid on his lungs. They don't seem too concerned with this though, so they are just keeping an eye on it. They have ordered an echo for today, but it is Saturday and things tend to run at a snail's pace around here on the weekends. So...it will probably be done later this afternoon. They will then decide if his left ventricle is ready for extubation yet. Once the breathing tube is out, I get to hold him...and then the fight is on. Something tells me E will not want to spend one more minute than necessary in his bed. And that is fine with me :)

Everyone here has been wonderful, from the surgeon to the doctors to the nurses and RTs. We realize how lucky we are that Emmett is in such good hands. Several of you have requested a photo of Emmett, so I am posting one--notice Li-Li tucked safely by his side. You may think it looks a little scary, but we are thrilled with how he is doing. Once he is able to open those big, puppy dog eyes, I will post some new pictures too!

Love to all, especially E's great-grandma Norma who had knee surgery the day before E had his operation. We are thinking of you and love you loads, Grandma!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some great news today and that tube can come out already! He looks so precious, tubes and all. Take care everyone!!
-Steph

Anonymous said...

Emmett you hold on to Li Li and he will take care of you. You lok so pitiful now but wait until Mon. or Tues. LOVE YOU ALL.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the previous comment was from grandma Cookie

MommyBrain said...

Oh how I wish I could be there to hold your hand, be a familiar face, give E gentle smooches on his cute cheeks, ... I love you all so much! I am glad to see Li-Li made the trek and is keeping E company while he snoozes and recovers. XOX