Friday, December 11, 2009

More Drugs, Please!

For Emmett or I--you take your pick. E was supposed to stay asleep until tomorrow when they take his breathing tube out, but he seems to have other ideas. He woke up the first time about three hours post-op, and he has woken up several times since. He kicks and thrashes, trying to pull out the wires and tubes. It takes the nurse and I (and sometimes a second nurse) to hold him down. I knew he was strong, but on sedation drugs, really??? I am so thankful that he is tough enough to put up a fight, but I also wish he would get some rest already. They keep increasing his meds-he's on a nice cocktail of dopamine, fentanyl and versed right now, but apparently it's not enough for our Big E--what a little fighter!

All is well. Joe is back at the hotel getting some sleep, and I'm sticking by Emmett's side waiting for the next round of wrestling :) Thanks again for all of the prayers and kind words. I will update again tomorrow--with a picture, I promise.

No comments: